After beginning his career as a Marine and serving in the Persian Gulf War, Edward Holland continued his service to our country in law enforcement. He retired in August 2017 — after 30 years of distinguished service — as a supervisory special agent.
Decades of community leadership have prepared Ed for the next step in his service: Representing YOU for a better Charles County and Maryland.
He is an active member of his church, has served on Charles County boards, founded and led community groups, and volunteers for organizations including these:
- Ed is the Veterans DLC chair of the Maryland Democratic Party. He founded and presides over the Veterans Democratic Club of Charles County and Vicinity, and he is a vice president of the Western Charles Democratic Club.
- Ed is the founder and board president of the Southern Maryland Homeowners Association Federation. SMHAF is a non-partisan entity that exists to provide information, training, and guidance on a variety of issues that affect homeowners’, townhomes, civic and condominium associations located throughout Southern Maryland.
- As the federal legislative chair, program director and public relations director for the Maryland chapter of the National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association, a 13,000-member advocacy group, he helped push for tax relief for Maryland’s seniors in 2022.
- As vice president and affiliate of the MD/DC Alliance for Retired Americans and Commerce agency trustee for a fraternal law enforcement organization, Ed routinely works toward the solvency of members’ pensions and is prepared to represent a member in discussions with management.
- Ed is the state legislative director for the Maryland chapter of the Montford Point Marines of America. Initially, the Montford Point Marines were trained in different facilities than their non-Black peers. Although all Marines now train in the same facilities, MPAM exists to ensure that the memory of the Montford Point Marines does not fade away. As an MPAM representative to the Maryland Military Coalition, the preeminent veteran legislative body in Maryland, Ed routinely interacts with Maryland elected officials and their staff to propose and support legislation.
You can count on Ed to work on your concerns in Annapolis. Edward Holland is committed to our country, our community, and serving the citizens of Charles County.